Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Monday, 4th Apr 2011 - Full Meals

The past 10 days were hell to us...or maybe still hell to everyone at home in Korea. My father-in-law passed away on the 20th March 2011 around 11pm. The only consolation we made ourselves believed will be he passed away "peacefully" in his sleep. I came back Singapore for some urgent errands after the important ceremonies for his funeral. My husband stayed with his family till last night. It was an eye-opener for me going through all these ceremonies and Korean culture thou it was not a good one. (funeral)

Since Obba were in Korea for 2 weeks and have been having Korean food, I will plan him a full week of western and non-Korean meals (if possible) for this week.

We did not have our breakfast as he touched down around 1+am and we slept around 3+am.

I prepared his favorite Vietnamese wrap for lunch. (trust me, it was whole lots of work!Phew!)

In the photo, on the left are cooked shrimps, crab meats, asparagus and mushrooms. In the middle, is my Obba's favorite's sauce with loads of bird's eye chillies (chilli padi) and minced garlic and on the right, there are sliced fried eggs, apples, tomatoes, avocado, red capsicums and alfa sprouts. Enjoy!

Before his tennis, I made banana cupcakes and instant bibim naengmyeon after his tennis.


1 comment:

  1. Vietnamese wraps are one of the most popular among Koreans. They have their own favourite ingredients, but ewa is only aware of my favourites, so it's always perfect :)

    ReplyDelete